Mark Agrast Honored with Two ABA Awards
Mark D. Agrast of the American Society of International Law has been honored with two prestigious awards from the American Bar Association, the Stonewall Award and the Robert F. Drinan Award. Both awards will be presented during a ceremony on Jan. 26 at the ABA Midyear Meeting in Las Vegas.
The Stonewall Award comes from The ABA Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, named after the New York City Stonewall Inn police raid and riot of June 28, 1969, which was a turning point in the gay rights movement. The award recognizes lawyers who have considerably advanced lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals in the legal profession and successfully championed LGBT legal causes.
The Robert F. Drinan Award for Distinguished Service is presented by The ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice and is the highest award given for service by the section and honors those who have been loyal to the section and helped strengthen its mission to provide leadership to the legal profession.
Mr. Agrast has led numerous efforts at the ABA to adopt policy on issues that promote fairness and equality for immigrants and asylum seekers, LGBT individuals and persons with disabilities.
Read more about the Stonewall Award here.
Read more about the Robert F. Drinan Award here.
- The latest edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/w5DQNe416Bhttps://t.co/3TdMJ0alGG@AmLawInstNov 28
- Stephen Lee Saltonstall has authored ‘Renegade for Justice, Defending the Defenseless in an Outlaw World,’ a memoir… https://t.co/UaCqVH4s67@AmLawInstNov 23
- . @ConstitutionCtr will host a discussion with M. Margaret McKeown @US9thCircuit and Jeffrey S. Sutton of U.S. Court… https://t.co/trPcBq9Xyd@AmLawInstNov 21
- Wayne A. Logan @FSUCollegeofLaw has authored ‘The Ex Post Facto Clause,’ a book examining the Constitution's Ex Pos… https://t.co/N4FnSaXMH1@AmLawInstNov 17
- Susan A. Bandes @DePaulLaw was featured on an episode of @excitedpodcast where she discussed her article “Empathy a… https://t.co/J4cM50SppZ@AmLawInstNov 16