Mark Agrast Honored with Two ABA Awards
Mark D. Agrast of the American Society of International Law has been honored with two prestigious awards from the American Bar Association, the Stonewall Award and the Robert F. Drinan Award. Both awards will be presented during a ceremony on Jan. 26 at the ABA Midyear Meeting in Las Vegas.
The Stonewall Award comes from The ABA Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, named after the New York City Stonewall Inn police raid and riot of June 28, 1969, which was a turning point in the gay rights movement. The award recognizes lawyers who have considerably advanced lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals in the legal profession and successfully championed LGBT legal causes.
The Robert F. Drinan Award for Distinguished Service is presented by The ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice and is the highest award given for service by the section and honors those who have been loyal to the section and helped strengthen its mission to provide leadership to the legal profession.
Mr. Agrast has led numerous efforts at the ABA to adopt policy on issues that promote fairness and equality for immigrants and asylum seekers, LGBT individuals and persons with disabilities.
Read more about the Stonewall Award here.
Read more about the Robert F. Drinan Award here.
- The American Law Institute announces Early Career Scholars: Leah Litman @UMichLaw and Crystal S. Yang @Harvard_Law.… https://t.co/5w6SC60lmr@AmLawInstMar 29
- The spring edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/qZuW19pXbxhttps://t.co/zIB1Nm4Y2W@AmLawInstMar 29
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21