Litigating Foreign Relations Law in a Changing Treaty Landscape
On April 4, the American Branch of the International Law Association will join with the Center on Transnational Business and the Law at Georgetown University Law Center for a conference on Litigating Foreign Relations Law in a Changing Treaty Landscape.
David P. Stewart, Reporter for the Restatement Fourth, Foreign Relations Law of the United States, will join fellow ALI members Mark A. Cymrot of Baker Hostetler, Harold Hongju Koh of Yale Law School, and Michael Mattler of the U.S. Dept. of State at the conference.
Panel Discussion: Recent Developments in U.S. Treaty Law and Practice
Moderator: Prof. David P. Stewart, Georgetown University Law Center
Speakers: Margaret Taylor, Chief Counsel, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Prof. Peggy McGuinness, St. John’s University School of Law; Mark A. Cymrot, Partner, Baker Hostetler; Michael Mattler, Assistant Legal Adviser, U.S. Dept. of State
Keynote: Jessica Tuchman Mathews, Distinguished Fellow (and former President), Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Panel Discussion: Litigating Foreign Relations Law in the Trump Administratio
Moderator: Prof. Paul Dubinsky, Wayne State University Law School
Speakers: Prof. (and former Dean) Harold Hongju Koh, Yale Law School; Prof. Jean Galbraith, University of Pennsylvania Law School; Visiting Prof. Douglas Letter, Georgetown University Law Center
Learn more about the event.
- . @rickhasen appeared on the @ConstitutionCtr podcast ‘We The People’ to discuss three election law cases and their… https://t.co/D8BCXEaRPB@AmLawInstJun 27
- . @michelebgoodwin gave the keynote speech at @ACLU_SoCal 2022 Advocates For Justice awards, which honors firms and… https://t.co/n7bn91aQBW@AmLawInstJun 22
- Speaker videos from the 2022 Annual Meeting are now available: https://t.co/BaPpLNzcOohttps://t.co/4v5XxJLv6g@AmLawInstJun 16
- Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw has authored ‘The Nation That Never Was, Reconstructing America’s Story,’ discussing… https://t.co/bIPyOHyOgc@AmLawInstJun 16
- . @POTUS has nominated Roopali H. Desai @CBLawyersAZ to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.… https://t.co/EKPaxD4JqH@AmLawInstJun 15