Litigating Foreign Relations Law in a Changing Treaty Landscape
On April 4, the American Branch of the International Law Association will join with the Center on Transnational Business and the Law at Georgetown University Law Center for a conference on Litigating Foreign Relations Law in a Changing Treaty Landscape.
David P. Stewart, Reporter for the Restatement Fourth, Foreign Relations Law of the United States, will join fellow ALI members Mark A. Cymrot of Baker Hostetler, Harold Hongju Koh of Yale Law School, and Michael Mattler of the U.S. Dept. of State at the conference.
Panel Discussion: Recent Developments in U.S. Treaty Law and Practice
Moderator: Prof. David P. Stewart, Georgetown University Law Center
Speakers: Margaret Taylor, Chief Counsel, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Prof. Peggy McGuinness, St. John’s University School of Law; Mark A. Cymrot, Partner, Baker Hostetler; Michael Mattler, Assistant Legal Adviser, U.S. Dept. of State
Keynote: Jessica Tuchman Mathews, Distinguished Fellow (and former President), Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Panel Discussion: Litigating Foreign Relations Law in the Trump Administratio
Moderator: Prof. Paul Dubinsky, Wayne State University Law School
Speakers: Prof. (and former Dean) Harold Hongju Koh, Yale Law School; Prof. Jean Galbraith, University of Pennsylvania Law School; Visiting Prof. Douglas Letter, Georgetown University Law Center
Learn more about the event.
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz tops the list of most cited tenured law faculty in the U.S. in the areas of administ… https://t.co/s7MxPBvNcQ@AmLawInstNov 24
- Last week marked the end of our fall project meeting season, with 8 Restatement and Principles project meetings and… https://t.co/kwI93vNC0a@AmLawInstNov 23
- ALI President David F. Levi has announced his retirement from director of @BolchJudicial at Duke Law School, effect… https://t.co/k8oAq4PggF@AmLawInstNov 23
- Most lawyers remember the Restatements of Contracts from law school but do not realize the depth of the body of wor… https://t.co/qVHM0edQPt@AmLawInstNov 22
- Today's project meeting on Restatement Third of Conflict of Laws is underway. W/ Reporter Kermit Roosevelt @PennLaw… https://t.co/mzGK4rkrUt@AmLawInstNov 19