Kim Askew Receives DBA Distinguished Service Award
Kim J. Askew of K&L Gates is the inaugural recipient of the Dallas Bar Association Distinguished Service Award. The award was presented to Ms. Askew on November 7.
The DBA Distinguished Service Award recognizes a DBA member who, through service to the Association and the Dallas community, has shown a lasting dedication to good work, while promoting good relations among lawyers, the judiciary, and the community.
DBA President Rob Crain said of Ms. Askew, “I cannot think of another person who has given more time to the DBA than Kim Askew. Not only has Kim served the DBA in virtually every official capacity, she is the first person we call on when the long-term health of our association is on the line. She embodies wisdom, stability and grace. Those attributes have been a guiding presence and a big reason for the success of the DBA over the past three decades.”
Read the full DBA press release.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3