Ketanji Brown Jackson Named 2021 Virtual Commencement Speaker at Penn Law
Ketanji Brown Jackson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia has been named a speaker for the 2021 virtual commencement at the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School. Commencement will take place on Sunday, May 16.
Jackson has served on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia since March 2013. Until December 2014, she was also a Vice Chair and Commission on the U.S. Sentencing Commission. An ALI member since 2012, she was elected to ALI Council in 2016 and served on the Members Consultative Group for the Model Penal Code: Sentencing.
Read the Penn Law announcement here.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3