‘Judgment Calls’ with David F. Levi
The Bolch Judicial Institute has launched its new podcast Judgment Calls, which features interviews with federal and state judges about their work, their lives, and the challenges and opportunities they face in the U.S. courts. The podcast is hosted by ALI President and Director of the Bolch Judicial Institute David F. Levi, who also served on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
From the podcast description,
Judges in the United States often work in solitude and behind chambers’ doors. By offering a view into the lives and work of judges, Levi — himself a former Chief U.S. District Judge and now the director of the Bolch Judicial Institute at Duke Law School — helps to increase public understanding of what judges do and how and why they do it. In doing so, we hope Judgment Calls contributes to a greater awareness of the value of judicial independence and advances the Bolch Judicial Institute’s mission of supporting and protecting the rule of law.
The first four episodes feature ALI members: Richard M. Gergel of the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina; Jon O. Newman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; Marjorie O. Rendell of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; and Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Learn more here.
- . @POTUS has announced the nomination of ALI members Rachel S. Bloomekatz to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth… https://t.co/l4V15G0Rvw@AmLawInstMay 26
- The 2022 @SCHSociety Annual Lecture will feature Leondra Kruger of the California Supreme Court and Jeffrey S. Sutt… https://t.co/3yvYHPjMrt@AmLawInstMay 25
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20
- In its upcoming annual symposium, the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial, & Commercial Law will celebrate the… https://t.co/iNUpUGC0mD@AmLawInstMay 19