John Cooke Named 11th Director of the Federal Judicial Center
John G. Roberts, Jr., Chief Justice of the United States, announced today that the Board of the Federal Judicial Center has selected Deputy Director John S. Cooke to be the eleventh director of the Federal Judicial Center.
Chief Justice Roberts, who chairs the Board of the Federal Judicial Center, stated, “The Board selected John Cooke from a number of exemplary candidates. John has won extensive praise over the past 13 years as deputy director of the Center. He has strong leadership skills and unparalleled knowledge of the Center's programs. The Board is confident that Deputy Director Cooke will be a worthy successor to Judge Jeremy Fogel, whom I thank for his seven years of dedicated service as the Center's director.” Judge Fogel will complete his service as director in September 2018, and he has accepted the position of Executive Director, Berkeley Judicial Institute, University of California School of Law.
Upon being notified of his selection, Deputy Director Cooke said, “I am humbled and deeply honored, and I am excited about this opportunity to serve.” He expects to undertake his new responsibilities in September 2018.
View the full press release here.
- The Robert E. Dalton Award @asilorg has been awarded to Sarah H. Cleveland @ColumbiaLaw and Paul B. Stephan @UVALaw… https://t.co/R0IuUNMWdp@AmLawInstMay 27
- . @POTUS has announced the nomination of ALI members Rachel S. Bloomekatz to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth… https://t.co/l4V15G0Rvw@AmLawInstMay 26
- The 2022 @SCHSociety Annual Lecture will feature Leondra Kruger of the California Supreme Court and Jeffrey S. Sutt… https://t.co/3yvYHPjMrt@AmLawInstMay 25
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20