Jamie Gorelick Receives 2020 ABF Fellows Outstanding Service Award
Jamie S. Gorelick of WilmerHale is the recipient of the 2020 Outstanding Service Award from the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation. She was presented with the award at the 64th Annual Fellows Awards Reception and Banquet in February.
The award is presented annually to an individual who has, in his or her professional career, adhered for more than thirty years* to the highest principles and traditions of the legal profession and to the service of the public.
“The American Bar Foundation is honored to give the Fellows Outstanding Service Award to Jamie Gorelick,” said ABF Executive Director Ajay K. Mehrotra. “She is truly deserving of this award, given to a Fellow who has adhered to the highest principles of the legal profession and service to the public.”
Ms. Gorelick has represented corporations and individuals in a wide array of matters, particularly in the regulatory and enforcement arenas. She was one of the longest-serving Deputy Attorneys General of the United States, the second-highest position in the Department of Justice. She also served as General Counsel of the Department of Defense. She has served on numerous government boards and commissions and is currently a member of the Department of Defense Policy Board. Previously, Ms. Gorelick was a member of the bipartisan National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the "9/11 Commission").
Read more here.
- The Robert E. Dalton Award @asilorg has been awarded to Sarah H. Cleveland @ColumbiaLaw and Paul B. Stephan @UVALaw… https://t.co/R0IuUNMWdp@AmLawInstMay 27
- . @POTUS has announced the nomination of ALI members Rachel S. Bloomekatz to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth… https://t.co/l4V15G0Rvw@AmLawInstMay 26
- The 2022 @SCHSociety Annual Lecture will feature Leondra Kruger of the California Supreme Court and Jeffrey S. Sutt… https://t.co/3yvYHPjMrt@AmLawInstMay 25
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20