Insurance Issues Arising from Coronavirus
In response to concerns arising from the spread of COVID-19 Laura A. Foggan of Crowell & Moring and Lorelie S. Masters of Hunton Andrews Kurth have teamed up with ALI CLE to offer the course “Insurance Issues Arising from Coronavirus: Business Interruption and Other Possible Claims.” Ms. Foggan and Ms. Masters served as Liaison and Adviser, respectively, on ALI’s Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance.
The course offers guidance to corporations and their insurers on which insurance policies may apply, and what insurance coverage issues are likely to arise if claims are made. They also discuss some of the basic coverage implications, so that insurers and their policyholders can understand the exposures and issues likely to arise.
Topics of discussion include:
- Analysis of exposures for insurers and of business sectors likely to suffer the big losses and why
- Property, first party policies and contingent business interruption coverage: To what extent is property coverage designed to cover coronavirus losses? Can these policies mitigate direct business losses?
- How will carriers respond to claims and what will be the impact on the carrier industry
- Financial disclosure obligations, security lawsuits, and D&O policy considerations
- Do insurers face possible exposures under other coverage lines such as CGL, E&O, etc.
- Enterprise risk management and other coverage portfolio considerations to consider before your next client crisis
In follow up to its March 25 sold-out audiocast, this CLE program will be rebroadcast on March 30.
ALI members enjoy complimentary access to a vast database of ALI CLE courses through the LawPass portal. Members should first sign in to this website and click on “CLE FOR MEMBERS” on the ALI.org Members page.
Nonmembers should visit ALI CLE for more information and to register.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17