Democracy in the Balance
This Thursday, April 26, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates will host the discussion forum “Democracy in the Balance: The Essential Role of Democratic Institutions and Norms” to discuss the rule of law, a free press, and an independent judiciary at Georgetown Law Center.
The event will feature panel discussions exploring current challenges to longstanding democratic institutions and norms in the United States.
Georgetown Law Center Dean William M. Treanor will provide the opening remarks. John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer and Donald B. Verrilli Jr. of Munger, Tolles & Olson will be featured on the Rule of Law Panel. Paul L. Friedman of the U.S. Court for the District of Columbia, Timothy K. Lewis of Schnader Harrison Segal, and retired D.C. Circuit Chief Judge Patricia Wald will be featured on the Independent Judiciary Panel.
For event details visit Georgetown Law.
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14