Donald Donovan Elected President of the ICCA
Donald F. Donovan of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP has been elected President of the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA). He will take office on April 1, 2016.
Commenting on his election, Mr. Donovan said, “Since its beginnings nearly 60 years ago, ICCA has had an enormous impact on the world of international arbitration, both commercial and, more recently, investor-state. With its transformation under the leadership of Jan Paulsson and Albert Jan van den Berg to a broad-based membership organization, and the emergence of Young ICCA, it is poised to do even more. I’m grateful to my colleagues for having entrusted me with this position.”
In addition to co-heading the International Disputes Group at Debevoise & Plimpton, Mr. Donovan is an Adviser for two ALI projects: Restatement Fourth, Foreign Relations Law, and Restatement of the Law, U.S. Law of International Commercial Arbitration.
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14