Darby Dickerson Wins 2018 AALS Section Award
Darby Dickerson of John Marshall Law School has been selected as the winner of the 2018 Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Section Award from the Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research. The award recognizes individuals who have made significant lifetime contributions to the field of legal research and writing, it has sometimes been referred to as a “Lifetime Achievement Award in Legal Writing Education.”
Dean Dickerson has authored the first four editions of the ALWD Citation Manual: A Professional System of Citation, which was praised for improving the teaching and learning of legal citation in the United States. She also serves on the Executive Committee of the AALS and is a Past Chair of several AALS sections, including the Deans’ Section and the Section on Institutional Advancement. She is also a past ALWD director. For many years she served as Managing Editor of Legal Writing: The Journal of the Legal Writing Institute.
The 2018 Section award will be presented to Dean Dickerson on January 4 at the AALS Annual Meeting in San Diego during the luncheon for the AALS Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning, and Research.
Read more on Legal Writing Professors Blog.
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14