COVID-19 Insurance Coverage Update and Virtual ADR Solutions
COVID-19 has evolved into a worldwide health and economic crisis, triggering insurance claims and coverage disputes at unprecedented rates. This pandemic demands businesses, insurance companies, and their legal counsel consider alternative dispute resolution (ADR) — especially virtual solutions — to address and resolve insurance disputes. On Thursday, May 7, ALI CLE is offering a webcast/telephone seminar to address:
- The latest on COVID-19 insurance claims and litigation filed to-date
- Moving beyond the business interruption coverage buzz: Analyzing other insurance claims being made and potential issue
- COVID-19 coverage issues and defenses under business interruption, civil authority, extra expense, and other coverages
- What successful online mediations look like: a detailed walk-through of the dynamics of successful online coverage mediations and arbitrations
- Advantages and limitations of online platforms
The program features Laura A. Foggan of Crowell & Moring and Lorelie S. Masters of Hunton Andrews Kurth, who served as Liaison and Adviser, respectively, to ALI’s Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance; as well as Paul J. Van Osselaer of Van Osselaer Dispute Resolution and Peter H. Woodin of JAMS.
ALI members enjoy complimentary access to a vast database of ALI CLE courses through the LawPass portal. Members should first sign in to this website and click on “CLE FOR MEMBERS” on the ALI.org Members page.
Nonmembers should visit ALI CLE for more information and to register.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17