Constitution Day 2020 Lecture with M. Margaret McKeown
M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the Constitution Day Lecture at Stanford Law School on Sept. 16, 2020.
In the lecture, “My Mother Made Me Do It: How Motherly Advice Secured Ratification of the 19th Amendment and Changed the Course of History,” Judge McKeown discussed the history behind the ratification of the 19th Amendment, including the important role mothers played in swaying the hearts and minds of the opposition.
Watch the full video below [Courtesy of Stanford Law School].
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20
- Norman M. Powell @YoungConaway has accepted an invitation to join the TriBar Opinion Committee, which prepares repo… https://t.co/wzWZ9vVzsj@AmLawInstJan 19
- . @UVALaw Karsh Institute announced its inaugural advisory board, led by dean @RisaGoluboff. ALI members on the advi… https://t.co/UQ7MYmBKW6@AmLawInstJan 18
- Paul L. Friedman @DC_Courts will receive the Edwin F. Jaeckle Award, given to an individual who exemplifies the hig… https://t.co/3NwZqqNf90@AmLawInstJan 14