BWLN Symposium: Politics, Power, & Women’s Leadership
On March 5, the Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The symposium will explore how to transform 2020’s historic levels of civic engagement into long-term gains through sustained work in the political and legal spheres.
Co-sponsored by the N.Y.U. Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, the symposium will highlight policies and legislation to support and help return women to the workforce, as well as discussing the wide range of ways to sustain and deepen civic engagement in the coming years.
The event will feature panel discussion and will conclude with a keynote conversation between Representative Katie Porter (CA-45) and Melissa Murray of NYU School of Law.
Through leadership training, research, and initiatives to advance workplace equity, the BWLN develops NYU School of Law students’ leadership skills, supports the Law School as an environment that nurtures women’s achievement, and engages the legal profession to better enable women lawyers to fulfill their potential.
The event is free and open to the public but registration is required.
Learn more and register here.
- . @rickhasen appeared on the @ConstitutionCtr podcast ‘We The People’ to discuss three election law cases and their… https://t.co/D8BCXEaRPB@AmLawInstJun 27
- . @michelebgoodwin gave the keynote speech at @ACLU_SoCal 2022 Advocates For Justice awards, which honors firms and… https://t.co/n7bn91aQBW@AmLawInstJun 22
- Speaker videos from the 2022 Annual Meeting are now available: https://t.co/BaPpLNzcOohttps://t.co/4v5XxJLv6g@AmLawInstJun 16
- Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw has authored ‘The Nation That Never Was, Reconstructing America’s Story,’ discussing… https://t.co/bIPyOHyOgc@AmLawInstJun 16
- . @POTUS has nominated Roopali H. Desai @CBLawyersAZ to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.… https://t.co/EKPaxD4JqH@AmLawInstJun 15