Best Legal Department of the Year: 3M Co.
The American Lawyer has named the legal department of 3M Co. Best Legal Department of the Year. The legal team, led by Ivan K. Fong, faced a huge demand for its N95 respirator masks in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. This heightened demand introduced the company to an onslaught of legal, compliance, and regulatory challenges.
Fong spoke with Corporate Counsel Advance about “what his team has gone through over the past year, what he’s learned as an in-house leader during a crisis, the importance of legal operations, mental health issues, diversity, and his concerns for the future.”
The Q&A is available here [subscription required].
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14