Bennett Capers Named Research Chair
Fordham Law School has announced that I. Bennett Capers has been named the John D. Feerick Research Chair. The Feerick Research Chair was created in honor of John D. Feerick, dean emeritus and Norris Professor of Law, for his scholarly transformation of Fordham Law.
“Being named a research chair is already amazing, but holding a chair named after Dean Emeritus John Feerick ’61 takes this to a whole other level,” said Capers in the announcement. “It’s not just that John made Fordham Law School what it is today—a nationally recognized law school known for its scholarly excellence and commitment to students. It’s also that John, in many ways, represents the lawyerly ideal of someone who has used the law as a tool for effecting real change that makes the world a better place.”
The Feerick Research Chair is a rotating position awarded to a Fordham Law faculty member who has achieved significant scholarly distinction through their publications and the impact of their work in their field.
- Samuel Bray @NDLaw has been appointed the John N. Matthews Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School.… https://t.co/blKn8uqdMF@AmLawInstDec 2
- Jeffrey Bellin of @WMLawSchool has authored ‘Mass Incarceration Nation,’ a book discussing mass imprisonment and it… https://t.co/S9U5GkV81t@AmLawInstDec 1
- John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law and Benjamin C. Zipursky @FordhamLawNYC are the recipients of the 2023 William L. P… https://t.co/IgGbm998dL@AmLawInstNov 30
- The latest edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/w5DQNe416Bhttps://t.co/3TdMJ0alGG@AmLawInstNov 28
- Stephen Lee Saltonstall has authored ‘Renegade for Justice, Defending the Defenseless in an Outlaw World,’ a memoir… https://t.co/UaCqVH4s67@AmLawInstNov 23