Addressing the National Opioid Crisis
UVA School of Law professor Richard J. Bonnie chaired the National Academies of Science study that provided recommendations for combating the national opioid crisis. At the request of the FDA, the committee was formed and consisted of national experts in public health and pain management. Professor Bonnie, who directs the University’s Institute of Law, Psychiatry and Public Policy, discussed the panel’s findings with UVA Today.
Read Bonnie’s Q&A with UVA Today.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3