Addressing the National Opioid Crisis
UVA School of Law professor Richard J. Bonnie chaired the National Academies of Science study that provided recommendations for combating the national opioid crisis. At the request of the FDA, the committee was formed and consisted of national experts in public health and pain management. Professor Bonnie, who directs the University’s Institute of Law, Psychiatry and Public Policy, discussed the panel’s findings with UVA Today.
Read Bonnie’s Q&A with UVA Today.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17