Abbe Gluck to Join White House COVID Response Team
Abbe R. Gluck of Yale Law School will join the Office of White House Counsel to work on COVID-19 and other health care issues. She will take a temporary public service leave from the Yale Law to serve as Special Counsel with the Biden administration’s COVID-19 Response team in the White House, as well as to work on other issues, including the Affordable Care Act. Professor Gluck was elected to ALI Council in 2018. She will also take a temporary leave of absence from the Council during her service as Special Counsel.
Professor Gluck is the Alfred M. Rankin Professor of Law and the founding Faculty Director of the Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy at Yale Law School. She is also Professor of Internal Medicine (General Medicine) at Yale School of Medicine and a Professor in the Institution for Social and Policy Studies at Yale. She is an expert on Congress and the political process, federalism, civil procedure, and health law. She has held numerous positions in government, and is an elected member of the leadership body of The American Law Institute and an appointee on the Uniform Law Commission.
Learn more here.
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24
- The last project session of this year’s Annual Meeting is Principles of the Law, Government Ethics w/ Reporters Ric… https://t.co/UwM3bcXrB3@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI President Emeritus Roberta Cooper Ramo shares her concern of the removal of compassion in legal representation… https://t.co/wpKxLGpTv8@AmLawInstMay 24